The City of Cambridge has over 4,300 acres of land zoned for industrial use. Through the efforts of the Economic Development Division, the City developed industrial parks and assists the private market in marketing parcels of industrial land to a variety of manufacturing and service industries.

Buildings for Sale or Lease

Learn about available sites and buildings in the city of Cambridge. 

Leasing Opportunity: 84 Water Street South

The City of Cambridge invites interested parties to respond to a request for information and expression of interest for the opportunity to lease the building located at 84 Water Street South.


This unique building is approximately 1,657 sq. ft. in size with ample parking. The listed rent is $1,795.00 per month plus property tax of approximately $700.00 per month. The tenant is responsible for its utilities and maintenance costs.

Suitable Business Uses

The City of Cambridge is looking for commercial business usages that will help provide activation of the area in accordance with the Back to the Rivers plan from 2016. In the application, it is important to outline various activities that will be undertaken by a business to help create a place that would attract people to stay and be engaged in the area. The vision is for a vibrant place to draw traffic to the core area which will make the river corridor a more memorable experience.

Closing date: Friday October 9, 2020

For more information and a copy of the application form, please contact:

Paul Kan
Manager of Realty Services
(519) 623-1340 ext. 4442  

Business Parks

There are four major industrial areas of Cambridge that have been developed or currently under development.  

Cambridge Business Park
The Cambridge Business Park is a City-developed industrial park consisting of 850 acres. Located north of Highway 401, the Cambridge Business Park is next to the 400-acre Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada assembly plant.
L.G. Lovell Industrial Park
The L.G. Lovell Industrial Park, south of Highway #401, consists of 1,300 acres of land. There are a number of industrial buildings for sale or lease. The area has quick access to Highway 40 from Highway 24 and Townline Road.
Eastern Industrial Park
The Eastern Industrial Park is a 300-acre industrial park accommodating a range of industries, from heavy to high tech, that contribute to the City's economic base.
Boxwood Business Campus
The most current business park in Cambridge, the Boxwood Business Campus is a 110-acre prestigous business park located north of Highway 401. 

Developing industrial and non-residential lands

There are a number of important regulations related to industrial development in Cambridge.

Development charges

Development charges apply to all lands in the city of Cambridge, except lands owned by and used for the purposes of the municipality, school board, hospital or farm related structures. Any industry contemplating a plant expansion or constructing a new building should be aware that we calculate development charges based on the total area of the new construction. We collect these fees at the building permit stage.


View City of Cambridge Development Charge Brochure for current rates. 


The City adjusts charges semi-annually on January 1 and June 1 in accordance with the Quarterly Construction Price and Statistics Canada Catalog 62-007. Adjustments to Regional charges happen on January 1 each year.

Non-Residential Development Charges for the City of Cambridge, the Region of Waterloo, and the regional school boards meet the regulations of the following by-laws:

View the Waterloo Region Development Charge Brochure for more information.

Please note that for industrial additions, up to 50 per cent of the existing building floor area may be exempt from the City and Regional Development Charges. View the by-laws listed above for details.

Learn about City of Cambridge zoning regulations and by-laws.
Site planning
The necessary site plan application can take 8 to 16 weeks to process. You can submit this application at the same time as your building permit application. Please note that site plan and building permit fees apply.
Need help?
Contacts related to industrial development in Cambridge
Department, Division or CompanyPhone NumberTopic
Economic Development Division

(519) 740-4685 OR

(519) 740-4615

Industrial land sales
City Clerk (519) 740-4680 Business Licensing
Planning Operations (519) 740-4650 Zoning and site plan process
Building and Enforcement Services (519) 740-4613 Building permits and sign permits
Engineering Services Division (519) 740-4682 Service locates, lot grading, water connections
Fire Department (519) 621-0754 Hydrants, fire access routes
Energy+ Inc. (519) 621-3530 Hydro service and easements
Union Gas (519) 885-7453 Natural gas service
Bell Telephone Service (519) 310-2355 Telephone service and rate information
Fibre Optics Bell Canada (519) 744-0510 Internet service and rate information
Rogers Business Solutions 1 (888) 623-0623 Internet service and rate information
Ministry of the Environment 1 (800) 265-8658 Air emission standards
Ministry of Labour 1 (800) 265-2468 Employment standards , health and safety
Ontario Government Information Line 1 (800) 268-1153 Provincial government business services
Region of Waterloo Public Health (519) 575-4400 Health and food safety information
Region of Waterloo  Engineering (519) 575-4550 Regional Sewer and Water Connections
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) (866) 296-6722 Property Assessment Info.
Ministry of Transportation (MTO) (519) 873-4100 MTO Permits
Grand River Conservation Authority (GRCA) (519) 621-2761 GRCA Permits